Friday, April 17, 2009

I haven't said much about this yet. I knew it was a big project, and I didn't want to mention it until I was sure that I was in the right frame of mind to finish it. But I'm making a new handmade book.


Some of you might remember the last book that I made, between December of 2004 and January of 2005. I called it "Hexentexte" and it was black. The longer I worked on it, the more work it took. I started out planning on making a photo album and ended up making something much more elaborate, with audio excerpts and other things. There are some photographs of it here: http://www.flickr.com/search/?q=hexentexte&w=86332536%40N00


It's been 4 years, and finally it's time for me to start work on the next in the series. My white book. I'd always intended on making a black, then white, then red book. It was only later that I found out that this is the progression of colors in Alchemy. It seems fitting.


I've only just recently begun. Here are the back sides of a few of the pages so far.







Inclusion of dried plants used in photographs. Also other things. Photobooth documentation, etc.



Expect more later on.

1 comment:

christian said...

Hey Rick, thanks for letting us 'in' on your creative process - I love making books, don't do nearly enough of them, and hopefully this will serve as an inspiration!