Friday, February 27, 2009




This image is from November, but I got so busy that I forgot to scan it.

--------------------

The temperature rose by a few degrees here in Chicago and all the snow has disappeared finally. While that may not last for long, I was happy to walk around my neighborhood and collect some samples of fallen flora to include in upcoming photographs. A small part of me wished that I was able to find more greenery, bu I realized that I like including seasonal plants as images and textures in my work. Photographs I take in March will be different from those taken in August, those taken in Chicago will have a different feel from those made in Washington.

So right now I'm collecting branches and bark, gnarled and hardened vines and dead plants that have been hidden under snow for three months.

No comments: